Democracy Resource Center Nepal (DRCN) is a non-partisan, non-profit sharing, non-governmental organization established in 2014. DRCN is composed of professionals with national and international experience observing elections and political processes, and conducting policy research.
Mission and Vision
DRCN’s mission is to promote effective governance under Nepal’s federal structure through objective and evidence-based research, localized observation, impartial reporting, and fostering policy discussions among stakeholders.
DRCN’s vision is a democratic society based on the values of inclusion and social justice.
DRCN has conducted observation and produced research and reporting on the following:
- Constitution-drafting period (2014-2015)
- Earthquake reconstruction process and disaster management (2015-present)
- Local-level restructuring process (2016 – 2017)
- Local, federal, and national elections (2017)
- Incidents of electoral and political violence (2017 – 2018)
- Observation of Nepal’s constitution implementation, politics and governance (2015-present)